hf1

Anyone else started?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Anyone else started?

Postby ponygirl » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:25 pm

I know its really early but has anyone else started their xmas shopping? I have got a few bits for my niece and nephew and hoping to get a few more bits over the next few months.

Anyone planning on making any gifts?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Anyone else started?

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:32 pm

I've got a few bits so far in various sales but I start properly at the end of the month after the last child's birthday (all 4 are July and Aug!). I will be making 90% of the gifts for friends and family. The only people I buy things for are DH and the children. August is when I start making the flavoured alcohol and fruits soaked in alcohol and stock up on hampers, wrapping, jars, cake boxes etc.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:08 pm

I usually make quite a few gifts.

We've already been buying some things for the children when we've spotted something on offer/sale.

I'll start my "to make for Christmas" list very soon

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:36 pm

argh! you lot should be ashamed of yourselves! admin, send them to the naughty corner!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:33 am

ems101 wrote:argh! you lot should be ashamed of yourselves! admin, send them to the naughty corner!

:hohoho:

I ve not done anything or even thougt about it, too many birthdays to come before then ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:38 am

ems101 wrote:argh! you lot should be ashamed of yourselves! admin, send them to the naughty corner!

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: They have a point although we usually say September until we move the Christmas Grotto back out but looks like it wasn't put away after last year :hohoho: :hohoho: :

This year I have to do it early as I can't be doing with a new baby and trying to organise Christmas! Although with going overseas not long after it won't be a very big Christmas!

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:25 am

I'm not normally this organised but not fancying a last minute waddle around the shops and hoping to spread the cost :D

I'm thinking about making a few hampers but not sure whether to knit anything this year, I'm never sure how well my knit presents go down. May possibly make a few tea cosy's to go in the hampers, maybe some gloves for the lo's.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:30 am

I have the power! Shall I?!!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am

Soupdragon wrote:

I have the power! Shall I?!!!! :hohoho:

Shud up Scrooge :happysanta: :hohoho: :hohoho: :evil: @Soupdragon

Next

Return to The Christmas Grotto