hf1

Wwyd - don't know what I should do.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Wwyd - don't know what I should do.

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:40 pm

What a hard thing to have to do. I think I would have to call social services. It would worry me that something could so easily happen if the wrong man were to be in th house of if your sister wasn't conscious and there was a fire etc.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Yes this is an urgent situation as they are in danger, please ring them or if not ring nspcc xxx

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:15 pm

I agree with the other ladies, the children sound like they are being neglected and need help asap :hug:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:39 pm

The strangers and not being able to rouse her after a drink mean the children are in immediate danger. If she won't accept help from your parents or yourself you must ring social services. By the sounds of it it's the alcohol making her act this way and she needs to get that sorted x

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Contact social services. It sounds like she needs help as do the children.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:22 pm

I completely agree. It's so hard and scary to involve outside people into your family but this is exactly what they're there for.
Perhaps controversially I don't think I would do it annonously! By all means ask for your identity to be kept from your sister, but if you think there's a chance kids can be kept in the family (don't know if you or your parents are in a position to have them?) then the fact that you're speaking up to help them and showing such concern has surely got to go in your favour. Better that than SS think a neighbour etc contacted and family don't see a problem with it all... Please someone correct me though if I'm wrong?!?
>:D< good luck

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Wts
Very hard to do but sounds like its very needed.
I would also try to speak with ss about remaining anomynous to your sister but tell them who you are. If you phone anonymously they can t then phone you back to clarify anything or let you know the outcome ( they won t tell you the details of the assessment but they will tell you if the case resulted in no further action or further assessment. )

It sounds like she needs help and is putting herself and the kids at risk.
I m not sure how old the children are but it sounds like if someone spoke to them they would be able to put forward their thoughts and feelings.
:hug: what a horrid situation for you to be in :hug:
Would either of your parents phone too?

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks all,
Things are in hand, I just deleted the contents of my first post in case someone I knew saw it. Not likely I know but just panicked a bit.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Kim wrote:Thanks all,
Things are in hand, I just deleted the contents of my first post in case someone I knew saw it. Not likely I know but just panicked a bit.

Well done, a very brave thing to do :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby, childrens and family health